HOW MUCH DOES A WEISSCAM HS-2 CAMERA COST?
The Weisscam HS-2 isn’t just a camera; it’s a testament to technological evolution in the world of high-speed cinematography. Those who delve into filmmaking understand the significance of the Weisscam HS-2 with its unmatched ability to capture ultra-smooth slow-motion footage, elevating every scene’s visual storytelling. Coming with an initial price tag of around $30,000, it’s undoubtedly a premium piece of equipment. But given its capabilities, many deem it a justified investment. Rental options also exist, priced at roughly $2,000 per day, allowing filmmakers and camera crews to tap into its exceptional qualities without the weight of full ownership.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE WEISSCAM HS-2
Detailing every aspect of the Weisscam HS-2 reveals its mastery in engineering and function:
- Weight & Power: Tipping the scales at 15 lbs (with a 512GB SSD and internal battery), it functions between 11-16 V.
- Operating Conditions: Efficiently operates from -2°F to 110°F.
- Noise: Holds a discreet 21 dB noise level.
- Speeds: Offers a vast range, from 5 to 200 fps, with precise control adjustments.
- Image Stability: Utilizes advanced algorithms and sensors to guarantee pristine imaging.
- Lens Mount: Versatile, accommodating a variety of lens types including PL mount.
- Formats: Capable of full HD with multiple codec options.
- Shutter: Uses reflex mirror technology with adjustable angles such as 170°, 160°, and 145°.
- Video Assist: Both monochrome and vibrant color viewing options available.
- Storage: Features high-capacity SSD for extended shooting durations.
- Control Interface: Sleek touch screen panel for real-time modifications and oversight.
- Alert Mechanism: Immediate feedback for system statuses and potential challenges.
WHAT SETS THE WEISSCAM HS-2 APART
Beyond the technical jargon lies the Weisscam HS-2’s innate adaptability. Its Modular Rail System ensures swift customization, granting cinematographers the freedom to augment the setup with a range of devices, be it lights or high-end mics. The ergonomically designed handle ensures firm hold and fluid mobility, proving invaluable for shots demanding finesse. Its prowess isn’t merely theoretical; the camera’s capabilities have been showcased in multiple commercial ads and films, displaying its potential to transform vision into visceral visual experiences with films like “Total Recall” and “The Three Musketeers”.
OTHER CAMERA TYPES
Owning or renting a Weisscam HS-2 is merely the preamble. Mastery lies in understanding its vast attributes, from the high-speed playback options to the nuanced touch screen adjustments. Prior to diving into a new cinematic venture, it’s advisable to reach out to seasoned suppliers or rental experts to gain comprehensive insights into this technological marvel.