How Much Do Video Ads in Digital Marketing Cost?
Video is a growing trend that continues to take over online. Today, the majority of the content that is engaged with on the internet is made up of video. In fact, 80% of social media engagement occurs in video ads. This highly effective form of content is valuable to brands of various shapes and sizes. But how much do video ads in digital marketing cost?
The truth is, video ads in digital marketing can have a range of potential costs. The average cost of a finished video per minute is between $1,000 and $10,000. Most video ads are under 1 minute in total length, therefore you can expect to produce a digital marketing video ad for $10,000 or less.
Production Crew Rates
The key factors that contribute to the total cost of digital marketing video ads are the various members of the production crew. The production crew members charge hourly rates that run between $50 and $500 per hour depending on expertise and various other factors.
Below is a look at the potential production crew day rates or hourly expenditures for each professional involved in your digital marketing video ad:
- Film Director – >$250 per hour
- Script Writer – >$150 per hour
- Cameraman – >$400 per hour
- Editor – >$175 per hour
- Actors – >$500 per hour
- Equipment – up to 100s per hour
- Studio Shooting – up to $400 per hour
- Narrator – >$400 per hour
- Audio Files – up to $1000
- Video Rendering – up to $75 per hour
- B-Roll – expect to pay a percentage between 10 and 50% of your total cost
- Miscellaneous Fees – can cost very little up to 1000s extra
The total length of a digital marketing video ad is the next biggest factor that contributes to the total cost of your content. Shorter ads are almost guaranteed to cost less than an advertisement that is longer. For example, the average length of a Facebook video advertisement is between 5 and 15 seconds. These videos are certainly going to cost less to produce than an advertisement that is 1 minute in total length.
Before creating a digital marketing video advertisement, consider these factors relative to the total length:
- What is the target outcome or goal of the video campaign?
- Who is the target audience for the video and how does length impact that audience?
- What stage of the customer journey is your audience on?
- What platform will your video play on?
Now that you know what a video ad for digital marketing can cost consider the various potential effects that can be included in the ad and how those may influence the total cost of production. Things like special effects, the use of graphics, and the addition of titles or other designs into the video can influence the cost of production. Keep this in mind when budgeting your video content.
Need to hire a professional to help you produce digital video ads? Give Beverly Boy Productions a call!