Making a COVID 19 Reopening Video for Your Business
As the economy shifts from a state of complete stagnation to a state of attempting to reopen, many businesses are finding that customers are still hesitant to come in. A lot of customers are turning to social media to find out what’s going on at their favorite businesses. Making a COVID-19 reopening video for your business can help you to connect with these consumers and let them know you’re open, practicing safety procedures, and ready for their business.
What To Include In Your Reopening Video
So what should you tell people? Can’t you just post your store hours on your website? Is a video really necessary?
These are all great questions! And truthfully, the answers vary for each business. But here’s what we think…
You need a COVID-19 reopening video for your business to share on social media because customers are more likely to go there for information that’s up to date than they are to go to your website. LIkewise, you really need to stand out against your competition right now — and more so, you need to show your customers that you’re practicing safety guidelines as outlined by the CDC.
While you could post your hours on your website, many customers (as many as 85%) report that they look to video for information on businesses the love and trust.
Here’s what we think you should include in your COVID-19 reopening video for your business:
- Your hours and dates of operation as well as any changes in your operational schedule.
- Your CDC safety guidelines and any steps you are taking to ensure the cleanliness of your business.
- Details about your procedures and the steps you are taking to maintain reduced risk of COVID-19 transmission among employees and customers.
- Information about social distancing and changes to your business operations to limit social interactions.
- Information surrounding the amount of contact customers should expect with staff at your business and any measures you have taken to reduce this contact.
Tips to Get Started
Now that you know what to include in your COVID-19 reopening video for your business where should you start? Beverly Boy Productions can help you produce the reopening video for your business and prepare an action plan for distributing the video content to your customers. You might consider sharing the video on social media, your website, in an email, in your newsletter or elsewhere. To get started, consider the following:
- Hire a professional video production team that will minimize your interaction while producing top quality video content.
- Plan your video around your audience — you must know your audience well in order to create content that will capture their interests.
- Determine where the video will be shared so that you can create content that is most suitable for that distribution point.
- Have fun with it!
So many businesses have struggled as a result of COVID-19. If you’re making a COVID-19 reopening video for your business, you’re already doing better than many businesses that unfortunately had to close their doors permanently as a result of this worldwide pandemic. Congratulations! Beverly Boy Productions would love to help you create your COVID-19 reopening video for your business. Give us a call to learn more.