How Much Does an Explainer Video Cost?
How much does an explainer video cost? This is one of the most common questions that comes up when any business considers the addition of explainer video content to their marketing mix.
Much like any creative medium, video production prices range significantly and widely. Even here at Beverly Boy Productions, the average cost of an explainer video can be anywhere from about $1,500 to more than $75,000. But don’t let this figure scare you away! Most of the time, the average cost of finished video per minute is in the $3,000 to $5,000 range.
Get a quick quote now!
Explainer Video Production Costs
Just like anything you purchase in the free market, what you pay depends on a variety of factors including quality, complexity, individuality, and factors unique to the project itself. The cost for an explainer video will generally depend on:
● The total length of the video which should generally be between 1 and 2 minutes.
● The use of motion graphics or animations in addition to, or instead of, live-action video.
● The quality of the work.
● The complexity or individuality of the work and any customizations that go into it.
● Any added production needs that make the project unique.
Regardless of all of this, the cost that you put into producing an explainer video will generally include expenses that are involved in most professional video production situations.
You can expect to pay:
● Film Director – >$250 per hour
● Script Writer – >$150 per hour
● Cameraman – >$400 per hour
● Editor – >$175 per hour
● Actors – >$500 per hour
● Equipment – up to 100s per hour
● Studio Shooting – up to $400 per hour
● Narrator – >$400 per hour
● Audio Files – up to $1000
● Video Rendering – up to $75 per hour
● B-Roll – expect to pay a percentage between 10 and 50% of your total cost
● Miscellaneous Fees – can cost very little up to 1000s extra
What Goes Into Producing an Explainer Video?
Now that you have a good idea of the overall production costs associated with an explainer video, let’s take a look at what goes into producing this type of video content. It’s common for those outside this industry to misinterpret the amount of time and effort that is required to produce an explainer video. Professionally crafted product or service explainer videos have the power to increase conversions for your brand, boost your authority in the industry, and increase your ROI.
Many times, you get what you pay for when it comes to producing explainer videos! While you may pay somewhere between $3,000 and $5000 per finished minute on average for your explainer video it’s important to keep in mind that each explainer video requires:
● Extensive time investment from a production crew. Many explainer videos take upwards of several hundred total hours of production time when you add up the time of all members of the crew.
● Several weeks of project management time. Most explainer videos require multiple production crew inputs over a period of several weeks.
● Several steps that break down the processes of product explainer video production.
● Potentially hundreds of hours of work between combined camera crew, director, editors, and other professionals that get involved in the project.
So, how much does an explainer video cost? The average explainer video is about 90 seconds or less in total length and the average cost of video per finished minute is between $3,000 and $5,000. Therefore, you can generally estimate that, as long as you do not have extensive motion graphics or other video add ons such as heavy equipment needs or distanced location situations, your explainer video will cost about $4500.
We hope this helps you budget and prepare for your Explainer Video Production! Check out examples of Explainer videos below: