Event Videography Rates: What to Expect when Budgeting for Event Videography
What to expect when budgeting for event videography. Event videography pricing can vary greatly based on a variety of factors, including the location of the event, size of the event and potential resources needed to capture the footage, and even the event timing and length. With so many variables coming into play, you may struggle to define event videography rates when budgeting for the expense, and this leaves you in even more of a pinch. Professional event videography services are vital to the successful recording of your event, so let’s take a look at the rates and what to expect.
How Event Videography Rates are Determined
First, let’s consider what to expect when budgeting for event videography, how rates work for your event filming. Most videographers or professional event videography companies will charge a base rate such as a “day” rate or a “half-day” rate. This is the bare minimum cost that you can expect for event video production services for a full day, which is 8 to 10 hours, depending on the company or a half-day, which is usually 4 hours.
If you have a multi-day event taking place, you will likely need to budget for a multi-day event videographer to cover your event. While there may be discounts for multiple days of filming, you can generally expect to pay the full-day rate for each day that you utilize event videography services to record real-time footage.
Duration of Event
For short events, an hourly rate may be more budget-friendly. However, keep in mind that with an hourly rate, you are often required to secure at least 4 hours, and if your event goes over at all, the rate is significantly higher than the standard rate. As such, it is generally best to pay for a half-day even if you believe your event will be less than 4 hours in total length.
Factors Influencing Event Videography Rates
Keep in Mind
Various factors influence the amount you will pay for event coverage. As you’re budgeting for event videography, keep in mind that the following factors have a lot to do with the total cost of event video production services:
- Location of the event. Filming in major cities may cost more at peak times.
- Date and time of the event. Peak dates, including holidays and weekends, may cost more.
- Editing of final footage. Events that include final footage with customizations, extensive graphics, or another major editing will cost more.
- Special equipment needed for production. Things like drone footage, additional lighting, special audio equipment, or other needs can add to production costs.
- The number of cameras used. Each camera adds resources and increases costs.
- Consulting for the script, talent casting, or storyboarding. Although generally not required for events, additional consulting can add to the total budgeted cost.
Total event videography pricing
Multiple videographers for larger events may be required. In situations where you require multiple videographers and the total footage captured is lengthy due to a long event, you can expect to pay a bit more. Total event videography pricing will really depend largely on the resources necessary to capture the event professionally and to later edit raw footage for final use.
Average Event Videography Rates
all depends on your event
So, what can you expect to pay for event video production services? That all depends on your event and the requirements of capturing the event footage. You can expect to pay average rates for professional videography as follows:
- Video Director: up to $250 per hour
- Video Editor: up to $175 per hour
- Cameraman: up to $400 per hour
- Equipment: up to $100s per hour
- Audio files: up to $1,000
- Video rendering: up to $75 per hour
- B-Roll: up to 50% in addition to the shooting costs
- Miscellaneous Fees: potentially $1,000s depending on the event
Here take a look at this conference video produced by Team Beverly Boy
If you’re looking for an event videographer that can capture quality, professional footage of your event, give Beverly Boy Productions a call. We’ve got professional camera crews in more than 300 cities worldwide that are ready to film your big event. Give us a call. We look forward to hearing from you!