What is the Cost of an Animated Video?
Animated video can add a level of engagement and excitement to your film project but what is the cost of an animated video? More importantly, is the cost of an animated video going to be worth the investment?
While we cannot provide an exact figure on the cost of an animated video, we can say that the average cost of animated video ranges from extremely low to extremely expensive. Your animated video project will largely depend on the vision and style of animation as well as the total length and the creativity involved. Here’s what you can expect.
Types of Animated Video
Different types of animated video will influence the total cost. For example, frame-by-frame rendering will be significantly less costly than 3D animated graphics.
This is due to the processes that are involved in producing each kind of animated video content. 3D animations require substantially more in terms of hardware and software as well as creativity and technical skills to produce. As you consider the cost of an animated video, you have several options to choose from including:
● 3D animation
● 2D animation
● Motion graphics
● Whiteboard Animations
● Stop Motion
Each of these types of animated video is widely used in marketing content as well as in various other forms of film.
Cost of Animated Video
What you spend for an animated video will largely depend on the length of the final video animation. Naturally, a 2-minute animation is going to be significantly less to produce than a 2 hour animated film. As a general rule of thumb animated video prices are typically between $1,000 and up to $200,000 per finished minute.
Let’s breakdown the total cost of various types of animated video per finished minute:
● A 3D Product Animation that excludes characters – >$7500 per finished minute.
● A 3D Animation of Complex Characters – >$80,000 per finished minute.
● Basic 3D Animated Characters – >$20,000 per finished minute.
● Motion Graphics Abstract 3D imaging – >$7500 per finished minute.
● Whiteboard Animation – >$1500 per finished minute.
● Vector-Based 2D Animation – >$14,000 per finished minute.
● Basic 2D Cartoon Animation – >$14,000 per finished minute.
● Claymation Stop Motion Animation – > $50,000 per finished minute.
● 3D Stop Motion Animation – >$80,000 per finished minute.
● 3D Typographic Motion Graphics – >$4,000 per finished minute.
● 2D Typographic Motion Graphics – $2,000 per finished minute.
● Photo Manipulation Graphics – $3,000 per finished minute.
So as you can see, when you as, “What is the cost of an animated video?” This will largely depend on the type of animation and the total length of the video as well as various other factors such as the characters or the intricacies involved in producing the video content. For more information, give Beverly Boy Productions a call.