How to Hire a Film Crew in Knoxville
Learning how to hire a film crew in Knoxville can be overwhelming but it’s important for quality videos! There are various aspects to look for that go into hiring a film staff: budget, reliability, and dependability. Team Beverly Boy has put together resources that allow you to understand the process!
We also service the following zip codes: 37919, 37923, 27931, and 37909.
Film Crew Positions
The first step is to recognize the various components of a film production process. By hiring certain positions in a certain order, it makes it easier for you to depend on the professional Knoxville crew to help the whole project run smoothly.
We offer full service Knoxville film production services. From location scouting to Knoxville film permits, we’re prepared for the job, every step of the way. We can have a 3 man film crew at Ijams Nature Center or you are shooting an independent film on Market Square District. Whatever you need, you can trust our team.
Here’s the Knoxville film crew hierarchy:
- Director – The driving force behind a film project. They are ideal to get suggestions from for a number of people you may need in your project.
- Script Writer – If you don’t yet have a script written, prospective directors may want to see one before accepting a project.
- Line Producer – Helps your production projects stay in line with your budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Responsible for various logistics for production. With the line producer, you can also get some input on who to hire for the job.
- Production Coordinator – For big production projects, this person is very helpful for administrative tasks like paperwork and contracts.
- Locations Manager – Looks for locations where you can film outside of a studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who’s capturing footage—obviously needed for a project.
- Production Manager – The person who handles expenses and negotiation of payments. A cinematographer can typically provide input on this team member.
- Production Designer – Responsible for creativity on the job. The production manager can typically have an idea on who could fit well on the team.
- Sound Engineer – The one who can make the audio sound amazing.
- Sound Crew – As much as sound engineers may be able to make magic with audio, they need good original sound to work with, which is why you need a reliable sound crew.
How to Find a Film Crew in Knoxville
There are different ways to find a film crew in Knoxville but one of the best ways is to work with an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You will want to do some homework to ensure they’re the right fit for you but with talent and expertise, you could find the best team for the job.
If you want to set about hiring on your own, these tips below can help you find reliable film crew professionals in Knoxville:
- Knoxville’s Film Commission – the local commission is a great resource for all things having to do with local filming in the region. The production directory makes it easy for you to find the ideal team members for the job.
- Knoxville Film crew websites & forums – another good way to find crew members for your project.
Hiring a Film Crew in Knoxville
What if you already have candidates for your film crew. What do you need to make sure the whole film production in Knoxville goes well. Don’t forget that the film crew in Knoxville is designed around your production project, so you may not always need a huge crew!
We also service Blount, Grainger, Loudon, and Sevier counties.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay can certainly be awkward but it’s worth it so that everything is transparent between you and your film crew member. Just because someone wants to do the job for cheap, doesn’t mean you’ll get the best quality results. When you plan for your budget, expect to put down a fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel shows off someone’s previous work experience and when you can see a reel and a resume from a potential candidate, it’s easy to get a look at their talent and skill and if it is ideal for your project and creative vision.
On the other hand, some people don’t have a demo reel and in this case, you could ask for references. This will allow you to get a closer perspective at the candidate from someone who has been there before.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask others for a second opinion on someone you’re thinking about hiring.
- DON’T promise anyone a job, you could find someone who fits the position better later!
- DO ask for crew recommendations if you’re having a tough time finding someone for the position.
- DON’T hire someone that has skill but lacks the right personality to mesh with others on the job.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Knoxville?
Now that you know how hire a film crew in Knoxville, it’s time to put it to good use. Reach out to Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Knoxville ready to produce your film.
We’re ready to assist your film project throughout the whole process, whether you want to work on interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films. We can help. When you want support hiring a film crew in Knoxville we are the go to guys!
We also service Sevierville, Farragut, Maryville, and Alcoa.