How to Hire a Film Crew in Jersey City
Learning how to hire a film crew in Jersey City can certainly be overwhelming. But, finding the right team makes a world of difference when it’s time to create the highest quality videos! There are a lot of things to think about when hiring a film staff: budget, expertise and of course, dependability. Team Beverly Boy has put together some great resources so that you can produce amazing results!
We also service the following zip codes: 07260, 08247, and 07620.
Film Crew Positions
The first step is to get familiar with the various roles that are important for the entire film production process. By hiring various positions in one specific order, you can ensure that your professional Jersey City crew can assist you in making sure the whole process runs smoothly.
We offer full service Jersey City film production services. From location scouting to Jersey City film permits, we’ve got the resources to help you succeed with the whole project. We can have a 3 man film crew at Liberty State Park or you are shooting an independent film on Newark Avenue, we would love to help.
Here’s the Jersey City film crew hierarchy:
- Director – The driving force behind the project. This person may also have an idea of who else could be ideal for the job.
- Script Writer – Needed if you don’t have a script written. There aren’t many directors who will accept a job without a script.
- Line Producer – Helps make sure your project stays within budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Responsible for logistics for production. With the line producer, they may know how to help you find the other necessary crew members.
- Production Coordinator – For larger productions, this person is helpful for contracts, paperwork, and more.
- Locations Manager – Scouts can help you find great places for filming outside of a studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who’s shooting the project! This is one of the more important roles on set.
- Production Manager – The person handles negotiations and contracts and can be helpful with the payment process.
- Production Designer – Responsible for creativity in a project. The people to fill these positions could even be recommended through production managers.
- Sound Engineer – The one who can make the audio in your video sound quality.
- Sound Crew – Sound engineers do work magic but they are also dependent on the original sound being decent anyway.
How to Find a Film Crew in Jersey City
The easiest way to find a film crew in Jersey City could be to hire an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You will definitely want to do some research on your own but our team has the skills and resources you may be looking for.
If you want to handle the job on your own, you can always check out these options below to find the best film crew professionals in Jersey City:
- Jersey City’s Film Commission – the local commission is a great resources for everything that has to do with filming in your region. Their production directory also makes it easy for you to connect with local qualified crew members easily.
- Jersey City Film crew websites & forums – a great option when you want to find specific people to fill your roster.
Hiring a Film Crew in Jersey City
Let’s say you have various candidates lined up for your film crew. What are some things to think about to make sure your whole film production in Jersey City runs smoothly? Don’t forget that the size of your film crew in Jersey City can be in relation to your needs. You don’t necessarily have to hire a large crew.
We also service Bergen County, Atlantic County, and Camden County.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay can be an awkward headache, but is an absolute must when hiring. You need to discuss rates when it’s time to work with a film crew member. Just because a person wants to work for cheap, doesn’t mean they can actually provide the quality you want! When deciding on your budget, you may want to pay a fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel is a video that shows off the work that someone has already done. It can be helpful for you to get an idea of the quality you want. Resumes are also really helpful so you can see what experience the individual has. If you want to be extra sure they have the skill you’re looking for, consider calling references, as they’ll be able to provide honest feedback on their skill.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask others for a second opinion on a candidate you’re thinking about hiring.
- DON’T promise anyone a job. You could find a better option down the road!
- DO ask for crew recommendations if you’re having a tough time with finding someone for the job.
- DON’T hire someone that could have skill but their personality doesn’t mesh well.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Jersey City?
Now that you know how to hire a film crew in Jersey City, it’s a good idea to put all this information together for good use! If you still have any concerns about the project, turn to Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Jersey City available to work on your project.
We’re ready to assist your film project from beginning to end. Whether you want to produce interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films, we’d love to help you out. If you want to start hiring a film crew in Jersey City we are the go to guys!
We also service Hoboken, Secaucus, and Kearny.