How to Hire a Film Crew in Chandler
Learning how to hire a film crew in Chandler can bring some challenges but when you know how to find the right crew, you’ll be able to produce quality videos! There are a lot of things to consider when hiring a film staff: budget, reliability, experience. Team Beverly Boy has put together some key resources that can help you with this entire process!
We also service the following zip codes: 85286, 85224, 85248, and 85225.
Film Crew Positions
The first thing to do is to understand the ins and outs that go into the film production process. By hiring the various crew members in a specific way, you can make sure that the whole process of putting your professional Chandler crew can go very smoothly.
We provide full service Chandler film production services. From location scouting to Chandler film permits, we have tools for the whole process. If you need a 3 man film crew at Scorpion Gulch or you are shooting an independent film on Arizona Avenue, we have you taken care of.
Here’s the Chandler film crew hierarchy:
- Director – The driving force of an entire project. This person also knows who may be best to work with in other positions.
- Script Writer – If you don’t have a script in hand, this could be necessary. It could be hard to convince a director to accept the project otherwise.
- Line Producer – Helps ensure your production expenses stay in line with your planned budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Responsible for logistics during production. With the line producer, they could have insight for various crew members.
- Production Coordinator – For larger productions, this person can help with administrative tasks, paperwork, and more..
- Locations Manager – Scouts determine great locations for filming that aren’t at the studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who’s capturing a project—a very important person for the project.
- Production Manager – The person who handles everything from expenses contracts. Cinematographers often have suggestions.
- Production Designer – Responsible for various aspects of a project that have to do with creative design. Often suggested by production managers.
- Sound Engineer – The one who works the magic for optimal sound quality.
- Sound Crew – Sound engineers may be amazing at what they do but even the most professional one will have a hard time working with terrible audio. Sound crews provide the engineer with the audio that is easy to work with.
How to Find a Film Crew in Chandler
The best way to find a film crew in Chandler would be to hire an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You will want to do your own research but the knowledge provided by professionals like ours allows you to get amazing results.
If you would want to handle the project on your own, these resources will make it easier to find film crew professionals in Chandler:
- Chandler’s Film Commission – the local commission is a great way to help you find what you need in the area. The production directory allows you to more easily connect with local professionals.
- Chandler Film crew websites & forums – also a great way to connect with professionals in the region.
Hiring a Film Crew in Chandler
What if you have various people you’d like planned to work with your film crew. What should you be looking for to have your film production in Chandler run smoothly? Don’t forget that the size of your film crew in Chandler is designed for your project’s needs—you don’t necessary need a huge crew!
We also service Mohave County, Cochise County, and La Paz County.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay can certainly be a challenging topic but it’s important when hiring as you need to be open and transparent with the expectations of your film crew member. Just because someone wants to work for cheap, doesn’t mean they will offer the quality you want! When deciding on your budget, it’s important to consider paying a fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel is a video that shows off the work that an individual has done. Paired with their resume, you’ll be able to see the person’s work quality as well as style and see if it can work well with your own creative vision.
When it comes to someone without a demo, references are also very helpful. While a resume can give you an idea of someone’s skill, references help to provide a more honest view of what they bring to the table.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask others for input on someone you’re thinking about hiring.
- DON’T promise a person a position without first considering candidates you may prefer after interviewing everyone.
- DO ask for crew recommendations if you can’t find someone to fill a position.
- DON’T hire someone that seems skilled but their personality doesn’t mesh well with your crew.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Chandler?
Now that you have everything you need to hire a film crew in Chandler, it’s time to get to work. We can help you at Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Chandler ready to produce your video.
We’re ready to assist your film project from start to finish, from interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films, we have the talent you need. We can help. When hiring a film crew in Chandler we are the go to guys! We also service Mesa, Gilbert, and Phoenix.