Houston Talking Head Video Production Tips for Business Owners
Talking head videos are interview-style videos that can be used for a variety of marketing purposes in order to grow your Houston business and take it to the next level. These videos generally feature a host or interviewer as well as a subject, expert, or interviewee that speaks on camera. Together, they tell a story that can be used to promote a brand, build audience awareness, drive customer relationships, boost trust, or many other actions. Producing video content for your Houston business is really important, which is why we recommend hiring a Houston talking head video production company to help you get started.
At Beverly Boy Productions, we’ve come up with some tips for business owners that are just starting to consider working closely with a Houston talking head video production crew like ours. So, whether you’re entirely new to the idea of producing video content for your brand, or you’re new to Houston, or you’re just looking for more ways to put talking head videos and other forms of marketing content to work for you, we can help.
These tips are important for you to consider before you hire a Houston talking head video production company to work with.
Analyze Your Audience Before Choosing a Topic of Interest
Prior to building out a plan for your talking head video, you need to think about who your audience is and how you can come up with a topic of interest that is going to resonate with them. As you analyze your audience, consider the following:
- Your target audience should be niche specific. An audience that is too broad may not be effective or easy to convert.
- Make sure that you choose an audience cohort that is going to be directly impacted by the information that you deliver through your video. You can’t just expect to share a message and voila, the audience loves it.
- Be sure that you have nailed down the target audience so personally that you can explain who they are to your interviewer and to your subject so that they can speak to this audience personally.
Write a Script that Targets the Audience & the Conversion Goal
The next big step in ensuring the success of your talking head video is to write a script that not only targets your audience but that focuses specifically on your conversion goals. Hiring a Houston talking head video production company that can assist you with the script writing process is a great idea, especially if you’ve never written a video script before.
Expect to Film with Multiple Cameras
We provide this tip because it’s like that you’ll be working with a professional, so you’ll need to be prepared to work with multiple cameras at a time. Even if you don’t hire a professional Houston talking head video production company to work with, you should plan for multiple cameras to capture your interview. This way you can:
- Capture a close up view of your subject.
- Capture a longer view, at least waist or tabletop up of your subject.
- Consider capturing varied frames or shots with a third camera if possible.
Having more cameras is going to make the video come out looking more professional and this is going to set the stage for your business to be a success.
Always Tell a Story
We know what you’re thinking, “it’s a talking head video, so it’s an interview, not a story.” You’re wrong! The best talking head interview style videos are those that use cinematic coverage to share a compelling story that the audience can resonate with and feel directly connected to. If you’re not sure how to tell a story with your video, hiring a Houston talking head video production company to assist you with the storytelling process is essential.
- Your audience will stick around longer.
- You’ll be able to compel your audience to convert more easily.
- You’ll be less likely to lose audience interest at any point during the interview.
- You’ll be able to utilize visuals, and the narration or the interview, to share significantly more information than if you didn’t tell a story.
Storytelling is the only real way to utilize video content to your advantage these days.
Utilize Professional Techniques, Equipment & Skill
You didn’t think that producing a talking head video wasn’t going to involve professional techniques and equipment, did you?
Hiring a Houston talking head video production company, like Beverly Boy Productions, to assist you with the production of a talking head video that incorporates professional filming techniques and expert multimedia use that engages the audience is absolutely vital. Equipment will help to ensure that your video shares your story in a manner that is consistent with the professionalism and visual expertise that you want representing your brand and expert skill ensures that your videos are going to stand out against the competition.
Ready to produce a talking head video for your business? Hire our Houston talking head video production company, Team Beverly Boy, to get started.