Essential Tips For Creating An SEO Strategy
Ever since, SEO has been a crucial factor in website design and content creation, helping different types of businesses thrive in strict web presence competition. So how do you create an effective SEO strategy to realize your sales and marketing goals?
Make Your Website SEO Friendly
It’s important to fully understand how website design, video content, and SEO interact so that you can achieve your SEO goals right the very first time. It means that you have to make your website SEO friendly as early as the web development stage.
Here are some helpful web design tips to make your website SEO friendly:
- Make URLs User Friendly: Simplifying your URLs involves making them unique for each page and easy to remember.
- Evaluate Your Website Performance: Know the performance metrics that greatly matter for your SEO and understand the metrics that affect your payload when it comes to loading time and page size.
- Create an XML Sitemap: It helps Google and other search engines to better understand the structure of your website when they crawl it to determine the web pages that are most valuable to you, giving them priority in search engine results.
Know the Right Keywords to Use
The right keywords are profitable, engaging, helpful, and targeted. A website exists to help answer queries, clarify doubts, and eventually promote a product. That’s why the keywords you should be using on your website are adopted from commonly used words or phrases by online users themselves.
Here are some tips and tricks to know the best keywords to use for your SEO:
- Think Like a Potential Customer: If you’re trying to think of related keywords for your products or services, think like a customer and ask yourself, “What would I search for in my search engine?”. For instance, if you’re selling organic pet food, you can expect that your potential customers are probably concerned about their pet’s health, particularly allergies caused by byproducts and chemicals in most pet foods.
- Use a Keyword Research Tool: Online SEO tools are convenient and often free to use. For example, the WordStream keyword tool enables you to target certain groups of related keywords or niches that give you suggestions and group them based on a common theme, like ad group launches. The Google Keyword Planner, on the other hand, shows relevant stats like your website’s average monthly searches, the average cost per click, competition level, and more. This keyword tool suggests more synonyms than other tools available.
Develop an Effective Content Strategy
When you’re creating content, the essential elements you also have to check aside from keywords are media, word count, and readability. Create other forms of media and satisfy search intent with a higher word count to entice website visitors to stay and explore your website.
If your competitors have content with 1,500 words, then aim for 2,000 words or more that is easy to read and understand using headings and subheadings, short paragraphs, and multimedia. That’s why differentiating your content is essential.
Here’s how to differentiate your content for an effective content strategy:
- Use Unique Case Studies: By using unique case studies with unique quantitative data, you can excellently deepen your content. It’s either you create your case studies or reference existing data or case studies from authoritative resources. Go to Google or any search engine you prefer and enter the search string: “YOUR BUSINESS NICHE + case study,” such as “Ecommerce + case study.”
- Leverage Media Types: The more media types you have, the better. Some examples include mages, diagrams, graphics, charts, audio files, videos, GIFs, and infographics. Make sure that all content is unique and substantially different from other websites.
- Regularly Update Your Content: Outdated content doesn’t pull interest and is considered obsolete and unhelpful. Make sure to update your content regularly to make it relevant to Google and other search engines, and most especially to your visitors.
When creating an SEO strategy, choosing the best keywords is very important to ensure that Google and other search engines will be able to crawl and rank your website. Of course, from the very start, your website should be SEO friendly, and your content should satisfy your target audience by creating unique and relevant content.