How Much Does Live Event Video Production Cost?
A high-quality video production that takes place at a live event will have varied expenses based on the event itself and unique production needs. The location, size of the event, individual camera crew needs, and various other factors will influence the cost of production. A broadcast-quality live event will naturally have higher costs than a less-professional event, but how much higher will those costs be? And, how much does live event video production cost on average?
These questions come up a lot for businesses that are just getting started with live event video production. It’s natural to want to know what costs will be involved. Most live event video production costs run between about $1,500 and $5,000 on average, but things like event location, length, and individual production needs can cause these costs to varying.
Live Event Production Costs Explained
Each live event will have significant costs in terms of the camera crew, the editing, and the final rendering of the video. Video streaming of a live event will add to the total production costs. If you intend to stream your live event, talk with your production company in advance about the steps that you should take as there will be costs involved with:
- Hosting the live event on a video platform.
- Producing the live stream and including a live team to edit the stream in real-time.
- The use of special hardware and equipment to ensure uptime.
- Bandwidth and server need to ensure your audience remains connected to your live stream.
Live event production that is not to be broadcasted will have different expenses involved. You’ll need a camera crew, the appropriate equipment and lighting, audio gear, and of course an editor. Hourly rates for production crews are as follows:
Live event video production price list
- Film Director – >$250 per hour
- Script Writer – >$150 per hour
- Cameraman – >$400 per hour
- Editor – >$175 per hour
- Actors – >$500 per hour
- Equipment – up to 100s per hour
- Studio Shooting – up to $400 per hour
- Narrator – >$400 per hour
- Audio Files – up to $1000
- Video Rendering – up to $75 per hour
- B-Roll – expect to pay a percentage between 10 and 50% of your total cost
- Miscellaneous Fees – can cost very little up to 1000s extra
Hidden Costs of Live Event Production
Are there any costs that the average business would not think to budget for with live event video production? Absolutely! There are almost always costs involved in producing video content that the “average” individual doesn’t think about. This includes things like:
- Post-production use of music
- Audio mixing
- Voiceover recording
- Film crew permits for the event location
- Location security to protect the film crew
All of these costs can add to the total bottom line when producing video for your live event so you must be aware of the potential for hidden expenses and have a game plan in place to deal with these line items. For more information or to find out how much does live event video production cost, give Beverly Boy Productions a call today!