How to Hire a Film Crew in Glendale
Learning how to hire a film crew in Glendale can certainly be overwhelming but you can be sure you’ll be able to produce quality videos! There are so many things to consider when hiring a film staff: budget, reliability, and expertise. We can help guide you throughout the process.
We also service the following zip codes: 85301, 85302, and 85303.
Film Crew Positions
The first step is to familiarize yourself with the various roles that each play a crucial part in the film production process. By hiring certain positions in a specific order, your professional Glendale crew can help make the rest of the hiring process go smoothly.
We offer full service Glendale film production services. From location scouting to Glendale film permits, you can rely on our team for whatever you need, every step of the way. We can have a 3 man film crew at White Tank Mountain Regional Park or you are shooting an independent film on 99th avenue, we’d love to help your vision come to life.
Here’s the Glendale film crew hierarchy:
- Director – This person helps to handle the whole production. Can also recommend a number of people for a variety of positions—especially the people they may work best with.
- Script Writer – Necessary if you don’t have a script already. Prospective directors may like to see one before they decide on accepting a project.
- Line Producer – Helps ensure your project stay in line with your budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Responsible for production project logistics. With the line producer, they could have insight on other crew members you could hire.
- Production Coordinator – For large projects, this person is helpful for contracts and paperwork.
- Locations Manager – Scouts appropriate spots for film sets outside of a studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who’s capturing the footage for your project—a very important role on set.
- Production Manager – The person who handles expenses and contracts. Cinematographers may have suggestions.
- Production Designer – Responsible for all creative aspects of the project. Can be recommended through production managers.
- Sound Engineer – The one who ensures the audio on your video is top-quality.
- Sound Crew – Sound engineers may seem to be wizards but the truth is that even their talent can’t fix terrible sound quality which is why a sound crew is needed to capture top-level audio for them to work with.
How to Find a Film Crew in Glendale
The easiest way to find a film crew in Glendale is to work with an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You will want to do some background research anyway to ensure the team is best for your needs but you can always rely on our crews’ professionalism.
If you would rather handle hiring on your own, these tips below can help you find the best film crew professionals in Glendale:
- Glendale’s Film Commission – the local commission a great resources for those who need film professionals in the region. Also, most commissions have a directory to help you find options for your team.
- Glendale Film crew websites & forums – a great way for people who can help you in your project.
Hiring a Film Crew in Glendale
What if you already have a team in mind for your film crew. What should you be looking for to ensure the whole film production in Glendale is a success. Bear in mind that you just need your film crew in Glendale for your project needs—you don’t need a huge crew if it’s just a small project!
We also service La Paz County, Pinal County, and Yavapai County.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay is one that can be awkward to talk about but important for every film crew member. Just because someone wants to work for cheap, doesn’t mean they will be producing the quality you want! When deciding on your budget, it’s a good idea to invest in fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel is a video that highlights the work that has been done previously. It’s an ideal way to get an idea of what skill the person brings to the table. The demo paired with a resume allows for an in-depth look at what they can offer.
In the case of someone who may not have a demo, checking references can also be helpful to know what to expect. Resumes are a basic option for getting a glimpse at someone’s experience but it’s often references that provide an honest look at the skill you could expect from them.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask others for a second opinion on someone you may be interested in hiring.
- DON’T promise anyone a set position without first having interviewed all the candidates. What if you find someone better later!
- DO ask for crew recommendations if you have yet to find someone who can fill the position.
- DON’T hire someone that has skill but maybe not the personality that will mesh with others on the crew.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Glendale?
Now that you have the tools you want to hire a film crew in Glendale, it’s a good idea to use this information for good. If you have any worries about the project, consider reaching out to Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Glendale ready to help your vision come to life.
We’re ready to assist your film project from beginning to end, whether you need support with interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films. We’d be happy to help. When it comes to hiring a film crew in Glendale we are the go to guys!
We also service Peoria, Avondale, and Sun City West.