4 Reasons Every Small Business Needs a Digital Video Strategy in 2023
Video is like the superpower of marketing for small businesses. It has the ability to boost conversions, drive traffic and sales, draw out consumer trust and connect brands with audiences far and wide. But these are not the only reasons why every small business should be carefully considering its digital video strategy in 2023.
If you haven’t already thought about the steps you’ll take in 2023 to create more video content for your small business, perhaps you need a little push?
At Beverly Boy Productions, we believe every small business should be carefully considering its digital video strategy right now as we lead into the new year. But why?
1. It’s Actually Inexpensive
Really! With the right digital video strategy, the use of video in your marketing campaigns can actually be inexpensive, it’s all in how you look at it. Take, for example, a video that is produced on a tight budget.
You’re not looking for anything overly expensive or particularly over the top — you simply want to connect with your audience and perhaps reach a few new prospects in the process.
A short, promotional video of 1-2 minutes can be produced for a couple thousand dollars. Done right, it can reach hundreds or even hundreds of thousands of prospective customers.
This video also has the power to increase your conversions, drive more sales, and help your audience to perceive your brand as more “humanized” and therefore more trustable.
Now think about that couple thousand dollar price tag and compare it to all of the benefits we just listed — that video was actually super affordable and inexpensive, wasn’t it?
2. Video Improves the Buyer’s Journey
Want to sell more products or services? Want to keep your customers happy?
The use of video can actually improve the buyer’s journey in a way that not only will attract more prospective buyers to your brand but that will also nurture the prospective buyers that you’ve already reached and increase their likelihood of making a purchase.
A great digital video strategy will outline essential video content for each stage of the buyer’s journey from awareness through consideration and post-purchase satisfaction or follow-up.
Want to learn more about how you can use your digital video strategy to effectively target your video marketing efforts to each stage of the buyer’s journey or purchase cycle?
Give Beverly Boy Productions a call at 888-462-7808!
3. Everyone, EVERYONE, is Using Video
Alright, maybe not quite everyone, but really close! As a small business owner, you really can’t afford NOT to use video as part of your marketing strategy.
In fact, a great digital video strategy is the foundation for most larger business marketing campaigns because:
- Brands that use video get 66% more qualified leads per year than those without a video strategy. (according to Optinmonster)
- 88% of marketers claim that video marketing provides a positive ROI. (according to SmartInsights)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (according to Google)
- More than 80% of all internet traffic will be made up of video as of 2023. This is 15 times higher than the figure from 2017. (according to Cisco)
Experts know that a digital video strategy is the only real media marketing option going into 2023 — anything less or lacking a clear video strategy, is not likely to drive success for the business or brand.
4. Video Content is Prioritized in Every Way
Facebook was the first social network to prioritize video content by making native videos rank better in their algorithms and therefore get seen by more people than videos that were posted and shared from other platforms.
Since Facebook prioritized video content, other social networks have followed suit including LinkedIn.
Additionally, Google now states that websites which include video are more likely to rank in the first page of the search engine results than websites without video content.
Every small business needs to consider its digital video strategy simply because the internet prioritizes video content — people prioritize video content.
Still don’t believe us? Consider the following:
- Facebook has more than 500M people watching video daily. Collectively they consume about 100M hours of video every day.
- On social media, video generates about 1200% more shares than plain text and image content combined.
- On TikTok, more than 1B videos are viewed every single day, and this number continues to grow.
- Snapchat users watch more than 10B videos each day.
- 66% of teens watch videos online everyday in the United States.
- 50% of internet users actually look for videos about a product or service before they visit a store to make a purchase.
Trust in Team Beverly Boy
Ready to start prioritizing video content so that your small business can achieve new goals?
Give Beverly Boy Productions a call at 888-462-7808 to learn more about how we can help you implement a digital video strategy that will guide your team to success in 2023.