How Much Does it Cost to Stream an Event in Columbia
Live streaming events is something that many Columbia businesses have turned to largely as a result of the business closures and lockdowns that took place in 2020 as a result of COVID-19. This growing trend is something that many more businesses in Columbia are now considering, but before making a decision clients ask, “How much does it cost to stream an event in Columbia?”
When clients ask us about live streaming costs in Columbia, we generally tell them that event streaming costs depend largely on technology needs and the crew that is required but rates usually range between about $1,000 and $5,000 per day. Keep in mind that event streaming costs can be significantly more in situations where a large crew is required or where the event takes place over multiple days.
Columbia Event Streaming Costs
Depending on the presentation style, the size of the event and its intended audience, and various other needs, most of the time a Columbia event can be streamed with a small to average sized production crew. Crew size is important in determining event streaming costs because the production crew rates can run anywhere from about $100 to $250 per crew member, per hour.
So, when you ask, “How much does it cost to stream an event in Columbia?” We think about the size of crew that will be required to pull it all off. Expect to spend the following on crew costs:
– Director – up to $250 per hour
– Camera Operator – up to $400 per hour
– Equipment – up to $100s per hour
– Narrator – up to $400 per hour
– Switcher – up to $200 per hour
– Streaming platform – $50 to $1,000 (depends on the platform and usage)
– B-Roll – usually a percentage of the total cost between 10 and 50%
– Miscellaneous Fees – very little or could be 1,000s
In addition to the above costs, a broadcast engineer may be required for your Columbia, SC event if you’re operating a lot of equipment that requires technical understanding and troubleshooting. Keep this in mind as you budget the most appropriate costs for the event!
In addition to the crew, various other factors are also considered when you ask, “How much does it cost to stream an event in Columbia?” For example, we start to think about:
– The overall size of the film crew that is required to pull off the event stream.
– The length of the event.
– The size of the intended audience.
– The type of broadcast or quality of the broadcast that is intended.
– Whether a CDN will be required
The total cost to stream your Columbia event will likely range between about $1,000 and $5,000 per day unless you require a larger crew, more advanced technology and equipment, or intend to deliver a multi-day event stream. Keep all of these factors in mind as you budget for your event live stream.