Understanding Why Video Ads are Good for Niche Marketing
As a marketer or business owner, you probably already know the importance of video marketing for your business or brand. How could you possibly overlook the statistics when they’re as bold as, “users are 27.4 times more likely to click-through online video ads vs standard banner ads,” or “video ads are 12 times more effective than rich media ads,” or “84% of people say they’ve been convinced to purchase a product or service after they see a branded video ad”? These are just a few of the reasons why video ads are good for niche marketing, but they barely touch the surface of how powerful video marketing really can be.
In fact, if you’re trying to build up the audience that will be most willing to support your business or brand, the best possible solution you could provide for your business is to get yourself heavily engaged in video marketing. If you’re not sure why video ads are good for niche marketing, consider the following:
- 72% of consumer state that they prefer to learn about products and services by video.
- Marketers that use video grow revenue for their campaigns 49% faster than those who don’t use video.
- 59% of senior executives state they prefer video over text and would choose to learn about a product, service, or idea via a video over text is given the choice.
What this tells us is, not only are video ads amazingly popular and powerful, but they’re ideal for niche marketing in a variety of industries and fields, including both B2B and B2C marketing ad well as promotions that range from those targeting people from all different walks of life from senior executive to stay at home mom (aka the senior executive of the home!). It doesn’t matter who your audience is, the likelihood of them responding positively to video is strong!
Still not convinced that video ads are the best option for niche marketing? We’ve got some additional examples to support our case, but first, let’s get some insight on exactly what niche marketing is.
What is Niche Marketing?
Have you ever heard the old adage, if you try to please everyone, you won’t please anyone? It may have been simpler, such as, “If you try to please all, you please none.” Whatever the case is, this is a very unique way of saying that generalizing your approach won’t work, and it’s absolutely true if you’re talking about marketing. Think of any storefront, website, or brand and you’ll quickly realize that they have an ideal market or customer. Granted, some stores, like Walmart, might have a larger target market with a bit more of a generalized approach than other stores, where the targeting might be much more refined.
The idea though, is that niche marketing represents a form of advertising in which a very specific audience group is targeted based on their:
- Demographics such as customer age, income, gender, or education
- Geographic location
- Psychographic data such as customer interests, attitudes or core values
- Quality level such as offering premium products, moderate products or high vs low
- Pricing such as high priced, discount priced, wholesale priced, etc
Brands that dive into niche marketing deliver customized audience targeting that focuses on very specific needs and wants. Rather than promoting to everyone, they promote to a specific subset of people that have very specific desires or requirements for their purchase.
Why is Niche Marketing Important?
Niche marketing provides companies with an opportunity to create very unique customer or audience personas that they can then target with their marketing and video ads. In fact, one of the reasons why video ads are good for niche marketing is because the first thing any producer will tell you about creating video is “know your audience,” or “you have to know your audience,” and if you’re engaged in niche marketing, then you’ve definitely done your homework and have a very specific understanding or idea of who your target audience is.
Niche marketing helps brands to:
- Improve brand loyalty and following.
- Build intimate relationships with customers.
- Compete with fewer businesses in their “niche” or “market.”
- Differentiate themselves from other businesses.
- Focus marketing spend on very specific audiences.
Niche marketing essentially is the act of a business or brand carving out a very specific space within the overall market and promoting their products or services to the audience in that space.
Why Video Ads are Good for Niche Marketing
So, now that you understand niche marketing, let’s dive deeper into why video ads are good for niche marketing. Marketing to a specific niche requires tightly focused content, which is really what most video ads are about. In fact, video ads are great for niche marketing because they provide an opportunity for the business to promote their brand to custom audiences within their niche.
Video ads are good because they:
- Convert more audiences into customers.
- Provide a unique form of content that audiences want to share.
- Are generally short and engaging.
- Are welcomed by mobile users.
- Can be used to educate, increase awareness, or inform the audience.
- Provide a lot of information about a niche in a short time.
- Can be used to tell a story better than words alone.
As you can see, when it comes to answer the very common question about why video ads are good for niche marketing, the statistics, and potential value of video ads are more than enough to support the idea that niche marketers should use video to their advantage. Why not?