How Much Does a Kickstarter Video Cost?
Video production is really important for Kickstarter campaigns, but if you’ve never had a professional video produced before, you’re probably wondering, “How much does a Kickstarter video cost?” This is a common question that we hear and, while you may default to “saving money” and “DIY” it is important to resist this temptation as doing so will almost certainly not attract investors. You need a professional quality Kickstarter video to showcase your product to potential investors — anything less risks jeopardizing your campaign.
Average Kickstarter Video Cost
The average Kickstarter video is between 2 and 5 minutes long. As a general rule of thumb, video production companies will charge between $1,000 and $10,000 per finished minute of video.
This essentially wraps all of the costs associated with video production and the final editing of your video into a finished rate and divides it by the total number of minutes produced. So, a 2 minute Kickstarter video that cost $5,000 to produce has an average of $2,500 per finished minute price.
Hiring a professional crew to create your Kickstarter video includes:
- Film Director – >$250 per hour
- Script Writer – >$150 per hour
- Cameraman – >$400 per hour
- Editor – >$175 per hour
- Actors – >$500 per hour
- Equipment – up to 100s per hour
- Studio Shooting – up to $400 per hour
- Narrator – >$400 per hour
- Audio Files – up to $1000
- Video Rendering – up to $75 per hour
- B-Roll – expect to pay a percentage between 10 and 50% of your total cost
- Miscellaneous Fees – can cost very little up to 1000s extra
A Kickstarter video that is 5 minutes long will likely cost you closer to $10,000 or more to produce. Generally, Kickstarter videos will cost close to $3,000 per finished minute. Therefore you can expect to spend closer to $15,000 for a 5-minute video. Keep in mind though, that 2-4 minutes of video is ideal in most cases — rarely is 5 full minutes needed.
Kickstarter Video Considerations
Another way that we can answer your question, “how much does a Kickstarter video cost?” is by addressing some of the most influential factors involved in producing your video. Before you budget out your Kickstarter video, let’s take a look at the factors that influence the total cost of production:
- The time and expertise of your film crew
- The equipment involved in the production.
- The talent (actors and actresses)
- The script and complexity involved in the production.
- Whether the video is created in a single day shoot or takes multiple production days.
- How many locations are required for the shoot — (a single location is certain to be more affordable than a multi-location shoot.)
Generally, higher quality video will cost more to produce. When budgeting your Kickstarter video cost, keep in mind that your budget must align with your expectations for your video. You cannot get a 3D animated production produced for the rate of a testimonial style, single presenter video with zero graphics.
Still looking for answers to your question, “how much does a Kickstarter video cost?” Give Beverly Boy Productions a call today and we’ll work with you to provide a free quote for your Kickstarter campaign video.