How Much Does a Company Story Video Cost?
How Much Does a Company Story Video Cost? A company story video, also sometimes referred to as a mission video or an “About-us” video shares the story of your business and the core values behind your brand with prospective customers and with your current customer audience. A great company story video represents a powerful tool for your brand to connect with consumers while humanizing the brand and sharing the vision and passion that makes the brand so valuable in consumer’s eyes, but how much does a company story video cost?
Most company story videos cost about $10,000 or more to produce but this really depends on a variety of factors that will change both from one video to the next as well as from day-to-day. Complexity, animation, resources, and various other factors involved in the planning, production, and ultimate preparation for distribution of you company story video will influence costs.
Company Story Video Crew Cost
Much of the expenses involved in producing your company story video will be incurred individually by various staff and crew who work on the project. Crew such as a Film Director (which will charge up to $250 per hour) and an Editor (which will charge up to $175 per hour) will make up a fraction of your company story video production staff.
Expect to have the following production professionals working on your video in addition to a Director and an editor:
- Film Director – >$250 per hour
- Script Writer – >$150 per hour
- Cameraman – >$400 per hour
- Editor – >$175 per hour
- Actors – >$500 per hour
- Equipment – up to 100s per hour
- Studio Shooting – up to $400 per hour
- Narrator – >$400 per hour
- Audio Files – up to $1000
- Video Rendering – up to $75 per hour
- B-Roll – expect to pay a percentage between 10 and 50% of your total cost
- Miscellaneous Fees – can cost very little up to 1000s extra
Average Company Story Video Cost
The average company story video is between 2 and 5 minutes long. Industry average rates for video production run between about $1,000 and $10,000 per finished minute. Therefore, you can expect to spend between $2,000 and $50,000 on a company story video depending on various factors. As a good rule of thumb, expect to spend between $2,500 and $5,000 per minute for a video of this type, unless you intend to include extensive special effects or animations which will drive costs up.
Company Story Video Cost Concepts
Before you estimate the budget for your company story video, it’s a good idea to plan out exactly what you want to achieve. Working with your production team to define the appropriate company story video scope of work will be a starting point in determining costs. It’s a good idea to be as detailed as possible for your creative brief so that the production crew will understand what it is you wish to achieve with your video.
Several factors can influence the final cost of producing your corporate story video or really the production of any style of video for your business.
These factors include:
- The length of your video. Most company story videos are between 2 and 5 minutes long. If you’re sharing your story on social media, consider something right at 2 minutes or possibly even slightly shorter.
- The resources involved in producing the video. Things like animations, special effects, shooting in multiple locations, and capturing shots in hard to shoot locations can all add to the total manpower hours involved in producing your company story video.
- The style of your video. This is especially true for animated videos, but the style of video can also influence costs for videos that do not directly include animations.
- The turnaround time for the project. A video that must be produced in 2 weeks is likely to cost more than a video that has plenty of time to make headway through planning, production, and post-production editing.
- The expertise of the crew involved. When producing your video, do you need a drone operator? Is a jib arm needed? Will you require an aerial camera operator?
Want to learn more? Give Beverly Boy Productions a call! We can answer your questions and provide you with a quote tailored for your project.