How to Hire a Film Crew in Reno
Learning how to hire a film crew in Reno can be a challenge but it’s definitely worth learning how to work with the best for the highest quality videos! There are a lot of things to consider when hiring a film staff: budget, expertise and knowledge. Team Beverly Boy has some key resources that can help you know what to do for any project:
We also service the following zip codes: 89503, 89523, 89502, and 89511.
Film Crew Positions
The first step is to understand each role that could be needed for your film production process. By hiring certain positions in a certain order, you’ll be able to depend on your professional Reno crew to ensure the process is a success.
We offer full service Reno film production services. From location scouting to Reno film permits, we’ve got both the experience and resources to help our project be a success. If you need a 3 man film crew at Atlantis Casino Resort or you are shooting an independent film on N Virginia Street, you need not look anywhere else. We have you taken care of.
Here’s the Reno film crew hierarchy:
- Director – A driving force behind your successful production projects. Can also recommend various people for positions, including those they may have already produced with.
- Script Writer – Necessary if you don’t already have a script written. Prospective directors may want to see a script before accepting a project.
- Line Producer – Helps ensure a production project stays on budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Responsible for logistics in production. With the line producer, they may have input on the best crew members.
- Production Coordinator – For larger productions, this person can assist with contracting, administrative details and more.
- Locations Manager – Scouts places to film at, outside of a studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who’s great for filming projects—an important role, as you can imagine.
- Production Manager – The person in charge of handling contracts and payments—often recommended by a cinematographer.
- Production Designer – Responsible for various aspects of a project. Typically suggested by production managers.
- Sound Engineer – Someone who makes sure the audio sounds like the quality you want.
- Sound Crew – Sound engineers could seem like they can work magic with nothing but the truth is they can only create amazing results with good original sound—this is why it’s wise to work with an experienced sound crew.
How to Find a Film Crew in Reno
The easiest way to find a film crew in Reno is to hire an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You will want to do some research but if you work with Team Beverly Boy, you can rest assured that the results will be worth it.
If you would rather handle a project on your own, you can use these tips below to find film crew professionals in Reno:
- Reno’s Film Commission – the local commission is a great resource when it comes to finding local professionals. The production directory is an ideal way to link up with the best options for your vision.
- Reno Film crew websites & forums – an ideal way for finding people to help you on your job.
Hiring a Film Crew in Reno
Let’s say you have some potential options for your film crew. What are some ideal things to look for to make sure the whole film production in Reno runs smoothly? Don’t forget that the size of your film crew in Reno has to do with what you need in your project. You don’t need a huge crew for a small project.
We also service Washoe County, Churchill County, White Pine County, and Storey County.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay can be a bit odd but it’s important to have transparency with payment with every film crew member. Just because someone wants to work for cheap, doesn’t mean they will offer the quality your project calls for. When it comes to your budget, it’s best to invest a fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel is a video that many people use to show off the expertise and skill one has. Used with a resume, people get a close glimpse at the talent a person can offer a project.
At times, a potential crew member may be new to the scene and have yet to create a demo reel. In this case, you could check references to make sure you are finding the right person for the job.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask others for a second opinion on a person you may be considering for your project.
- DON’T promise anyone a job as you may find someone you prefer later!
- DO ask for crew recommendations if you need someone to fill a position.
- DON’T hire someone that could be skilled but who doesn’t work well with other people.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Reno?
Now that you have the tools you need to hire a film crew in Reno, it’s time to put this information to work with Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Reno ready to produce the content you have in mind.
We’re ready to assist your film project from start to finish, whether you’re looking for interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films, we’d be happy to help. When it comes to hiring a film crew in Reno we are the go to guys!
We also provide service in Sparks, Fernley, and Golden Valley.