How to Hire a Film Crew in Fort Lauderdale
Learning how to hire a film crew in Fort Lauderdale can truly be daunting but it’s a good idea to know the ins and outs of it so you can be sure to produce the highest quality videos! There are plenty of things to consider as you set about to start hiring a film staff: budget, experience, and reliability. Team Beverly Boy has put together some key resources that can help you approach this with confidence!
We also service the following zip codes: 33301, 33306, and 33308.
Film Crew Positions
The first thing you want to do is consider how to about the film production process. By hiring certain positions in a specific order, your professional Ft. Lauderdale crew can ensure the whole project runs smoothly.
We offer full service Ft. Lauderdale film production services. From location scouting to Ft. Lauderdale film permits, we’ve got the tools for every step of the way. Whether you need a 3 man film crew at East Hugh Taylor Birch State Park or you are shooting an independent film on Las Olas Boulevard. we’ve got you covered.
Here’s the Fort Lauderdale film crew hierarchy:
- Director – A must-have in any production project. They are also great for considering who else to work with.
- Script Writer – This is really helpful if you have yet to write one as most directors are going to want to see one before accepting your project.
- Line Producer – Helps to make sure your project goes according to budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Responsible for logistics, helpful with the line producer in giving insights on who you should be hiring.
- Production Coordinator – For larger productions, this person will help with contracting, paperwork, and other administrative tasks.
- Locations Manager – These people are great at finding locations for filming that aren’t in the studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who’s capturing the project! This is obviously one of the most needed roles on set.
- Production Manager – Cinematographers often have suggestions on who could be best for the job, which is all about administrative tasks and handling payments, etc.
- Production Designer – Responsible for the creative side of the projects. Can be recommended via production managers.
- Sound Engineer – The one who can make the audio in your video sound quality.
- Sound Crew – Sound engineers may appear to be wizards but even these geniuses can’t work with poor quality audio! A sound crew can help ensure the sound quality is everything it needs to be for the engineer to work their magic.
How to Find a Film Crew in Fort Lauderdale
The best way you can find a film crew in Fort Lauderdale is to hire an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You will still want to do some research on the team to make sure they’re right for you but the truth is that our crew is fully prepared to take on any kind of project that comes our way.
If you would like to do the process on your own, you can use these tips below to help you find the best film crew professionals in Fort Lauderdale:
- Fort Lauderdale’s Film Commission – the local commission is great for everything you may need to learn about the scene in the region. Also, it often has a production directory ideal for finding people for the job.
- Fort Lauderdale Film crew websites & forums – a great way for finding people who can work for your crew needs.
Hiring a Film Crew in Fort Lauderdale
Maybe you have some candidates for your film crew and want to know what you should be looking for to ensure the whole film production in Ft. Lauderdale goes well. Don’t forget that the size of your film crew in Ft. Lauderdale has everything to do with your production needs, so it doesn’t always have to be some large, extensive team!
We also service Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay can certainly be awkward but it’s a must when hiring. You want to be open about the expectations of pay with each film crew member. Even though someone is willing to work for cheap, doesn’t always mean they’ll provide the quality you’re looking for. When it comes to your budget, you’ll want to pay fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel shows work that someone has already done. It helps you get a glimpse at what they can bring to the table and when coupled with a resume you get a great idea of what to expect.
Yet not everyone has a demo reel and this can leave you wanting to know more about what to expect. In this scenario, consider reaching out to someone who has worked with the individual before and who can provide you with a clear glimpse into their skill or even lack of talent.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask others for another opinion on someone you may be looking into hiring.
- DON’T promise anyone a job as you may end up finding someone else you would prefer working with later!
- DO ask for crew recommendations if you need support in finding the right person for a position.
- DON’T hire someone that may have skill but who lacks the right personality for the job and to mesh with your crew.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Fort Lauderdale?
Now that you have the tools you need to hire a film crew in Fort Lauderdale, it’s wise to put everything into practice. If you’d like to work with a crew you can depend on, turn to Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Fort Lauderdale ready to produce quality results.
We can help assist you with your film project from pre production to post, whether you need interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films, we’d love to bring your ideas to life. When it comes to hiring a film crew in Fort Lauderdale we are the go to guys!
We also service Miami, Hialeah, Kendall, and Coral Springs.