How to Hire a Film Crew in Charlotte
Learning how to hire a film crew in Charlotte can be a hard task to take on, but it is necessary in order to ensure that you create the highest quality videos! There is much to think about when hiring a film staff: budget, reliability, experience, and much more. Team Beverly Boy has outlined important resources that can help you tackle this process with knowledge and confidence!
We also service the following zip codes- 28117, 28079, 28120, and 28092.
Film Crew Positions
First, you need to familiarize yourself with the various roles that play a part in the film production process. By hiring certain positions in a certain order, your professional Charlotte crew can make the hiring process go easily for you.
We offer full service Charlotte film production services. From location scouting to Charlotte film permits, we’ve got the tools needed for each step of the way, whether you need a 3 man film crew at Carowinds or you are shooting an independent film on Beresford Road we do it all!
Here’s the Charlotte film crew hierarchy:
- Director – This person is the master force of the production, so they should be hired first or second- especially because they can recommend other people for other positions you are hiring for.
- Script Writer – This is a necessary role if you don’t have a script. Directors often want to read a script before they accept a project, so you may need to hire this person first
- Line Producer – They ensure that your production stays on budget.
- Unit Production Manager – These people are responsible for the various logistics, and they may have some insight on how to find other crew members.
- Production Coordinator – For larger projects, this person handles contracts, paperwork, and other administrative work.
- Locations Manager – Finds great locations in the area for film sets outside of a studio.
- Cinematographer – The person who films the project! They are one of the most important roles on set.
- Production Manager – The person in charge of lining out expenses and working out the contracts. Cinematographers may have recommendations for someone for this role.
- Production Designer – This person is responsible for the creative part of the project. They can be recommended to you through production managers.
- Sound Engineer – This person makes the audio in your video sound its absolute best.
- Sound Crew – Sound engineers are masters at their jobs, but they cannot work with bad audio! A sound crew ensures that the engineer has what they need to make everything sound incredible.
How to Find a Film Crew in Charlotte
The best way to find a film crew in Charlotte is to work with an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You need to do your own research to ensure that you’re with the best team for your project, but their knowledge can help you make tough decisions!
If you want to do the hiring alone, here are some great tips on where to find film crew professionals in Charlotte:
- Charlotte’s Film Commission – this commission is the best resource for all things related to filming in your area. They often have a production directory that allows you to connect with a qualified crew.
- Charlotte Film crew websites & forums – This is another way to find people to fill roles in your production.
Hiring a Film Crew in Charlotte
What if you have several potential candidates in mind for your film crew? What exactly do you look for to make sure that the film production in Charlotte goes as it should? Your film crew in Charlotte is tailored to your individual needs, so it doesn’t need to be large to be a fit for you!
We also service Iredell County, Cabarrus County, Union County, and Gaston County.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The subject of film crew Pay can be a hard one to have, but when you are hiring it is a conversation you must have. You should always be open about pay rates and any expectations you have of the film crew member. Just keep in mind that someone may work for cheap, but that doesn’t mean that the work they do will be the quality you want or need! When deciding on your budget, plan to pay a fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel is a video that showcases the work an individual has done. With a resume and a demo reel, you can get a good sense of the person’s style to ensure that it matches your own interests.
With a position that doesn’t need a demo, checking references can help. Resumes are a basic method of determining a person’s experience, but contacting those who’ve worked with them to understand their skill is a great idea, too!
Dos and Don’ts
- DO get a second opinion on any person you’re thinking of hiring.
- DON’T promise anyone a position with your crew! You might find someone you like better!
- DO get recommendations if you’re having a hard time filling any of your positions.
- DON’T hire someone that is skilled and has experience, but that doesn’t work well with the rest of the crew.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Charlotte?
Now that you have the knowledge you need to hire a film crew in Charlotte, put it to good use! If you have any worries about the hiring process, call Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Charlotte ready to work today!
We’re ready to assist with your film project from start to finish, so when you need interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films, we can do it all! When you are hiring a film crew in Charlotte we are the go to guys! We also service Matthews, Mount Holly, Mint Hill, and Huntersville.