How to Hire a Film Crew in Berlin
Learning how to hire a film crew in Berlin can be quite tasking because you have to be resilient and committed throughout the process. In the end, you will hire a crew that can produce quality videos in your next project. There are plenty of aspects to consider when hiring a film staff, such as the budget, as well as the reliability and experience of the team. We are now going to discuss important resources that will help you in your process of hiring the ideal crew.
Contact our office if you need professional crews to work on your project in zip codes like 10115, 10117, 10119, 10178, 10179, and others.
Film Crew Positions
The first step is to understand the role of each individual who will participate in the film production process. By hiring certain positions in a specific order, you will easily fill the rest of the positions of your professional Berlin crew, with the help of the professionals you have hired first.
At Beverly Boy, we offer full service Berlin film production services from location scouting, to obtaining Berlin film permits. Whether you need a 3-man film crew at Reichstag Building, or you are shooting an independent film on Unter Den Linden, our team has you covered.
Here’s the Berlin film crew hierarchy:
- Director – Is the captain of the entire production. They are really resourceful if you want good recommendations for other positions in the crew.
- Script Writer –Authors the script if you do not have one. But in case you do, the director has to look at it before accepting the project.
- Line Producer – Controls the production budget.
- Unit Production Manager – Handles production logistics. You can ask them together with the line producer for quality recommendations for other crew members.
- Production Coordinator – In charge of administrative tasks like paperwork, and contracting roles, especially for massive projects.
- Locations Manager – This person is responsible for finding ideal filming locations in the area.
- Cinematographer –shoots the event or the project. A very key person to get for the project.
- Production Manager – In charge of all costs related to the production and also responsible for contract negotiations.
- Production Designer – the brains behind all creative aspects of the project.
- Sound Engineer – is in charge of producing top-quality audio for the video.
- Sound Crew – supports the efforts of the sound engineer in different ways.
How to Find a Film Crew in Berlin
To find a film crew in Berlin that can take care of all your video needs is as simple as hiring an experienced film production company like Beverly Boy Productions. You would also have to do your homework on the professionals we provide. The beauty of working with us is that the individuals we offer to work on your project have extensive experience, and this will simplify your decision-making process.
If you choose to hire the entire crew on your own, use the tips below to find film crew professionals in Berlin:
- Berlin’s Film Commission – use the production directory at the local commission to identify experts you can reach out to. This is the best resource for all things related to filming in your location.
- Berlin Film crew websites & forums – these are good places where you can find people to fill specific roles in your roster.
Hiring a Film Crew in Berlin
Let’s say that you have created a list of potential candidates who will become your film crew, what should you be looking for to ensure that the whole film production in Berlin is successful? Keep in mind that the size of your film crew in Berlin is tailored to meet the needs of your project.
Contact our offices if you need our services in nearby counties in Brandenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, and Niedersachsen.
Discuss film crew Pay Rates
The topic on film crew Pay can be tough to crack if you approach it in the wrong way. To handle it professionally, you need to be open about the pay rates and expectations of each film crew member. One of the things you should be wary of is people who work for cheap. If you get an offer from such an individual, be careful, because you might get a poor-quality product at the end of the day. When deciding on your budget, expect to pay a fair price for top quality film crew members.
Demos & Resumes
A demo reel and a resume are crucial tools that are used by potential clients to gauge the qualities and abilities of an individual. A demo is a video containing completed projects. A prospective client can use this tool to determine if the individual’s personal style, and work ethic are in line with what they do.
But for some roles, demos are not applicable. In such cases, the client can reach out to the references. It is one of the most effective ways to understand the skills and the impact of an individual in a production.
Dos and Don’ts
- DO ask for second opinions on a potential candidate you are considering to hire.
- DON’T promise anyone any role, there are chances that you can find another talent with exceptional skills.
- DO encourage your crew to give recommendations for positions you cannot find a candidate.
- DON’T hire talented crew members who have irritable traits that can make it hard for other crew members to work.
Ready to Hire a Film Crew in Berlin?
Now that you have the tools you need to hire a film crew in Berlin, it’s time to put all of this information to good use! If you find it tough to go through the process, consider calling Team Beverly Boy. We’re a full-service film production company with award winning film crews in Berlin that is ready to work.
Our team is ready to offer pros for your interviews, documentaries, event coverage, or feature films. When it comes to hiring a film crew in Berlin, we are the go-to guys! If you have a film project in nearby cities like Teltow, Kleinmachnow, Hohen Neuendorf, or Hennigsdorf, contact us today.