How to Use Product Explainer Videos to Generate Higher Product Sales
Remember when a status update consisted of a quick pic posted to Facebook? Today’s Instagram Stories & Reels are filled with video clips and engaging content captured throughout our day. In fact, we share videos now more often than static images and text combined and it’s not just individuals, that goes for big brands and small businesses too. As we shift to a world that is literally ran by video, more business owners face the challenge of figuring out how to use product explainer videos and other forms of video content to generate increased product sales that will help them to grow their brand.
It’s not hard to understand why the Internet is shifting from static images and text posts to video. Video increases engagement, boosts conversions, and generates substantially higher ROI than the other forms of content marketing are even capable of achieving. What is difficult to understand is just where to begin with video, and what to do in order to maximize product sales in a world where video, and competition, are both at an all time high.
Why are Product Explainer Videos Ideal for Increasing Sales?
If you’re trying to figure out how to use product explainer videos to generate higher overall product sales for your business, just know that you’re definitely on the right track! Explainer videos have the capacity to really work wonders for sales professionals. In fact, some would say that the use of product explainer videos to boost sales is the “perfect marketing strategy.” Just checkout these statistics:
- Going all the way back to 2009, Dropbox used a product explainer video to increase its conversion rate by 10%. And while 10% may not sound like much, it translated to more than 10M more customers and $48M more revenue for the brand.
- Consumers recall up to 90% of what they see on video compared to just 10% of what they read. A memorable explainer video will help consumers recall your brand when its time for them to make a purchase. In fact, 84% of consumers purchased a product or service after seeing a branded video.
- Dollar Shave Club produced a product explainer video on a relatively low budget where founder Michael Dubin wrote the script and represented the talent in the video. Within two days of the video being released on their YouTube channel, the company brought in 12,000 new orders! (see the video here https://youtu.be/ZUG9qYTJMsI )
- A product explainer video produced for Crazy Egg, a heat mapping tool, resulted in 64% higher conversions and an additional $21K monthly revenue for the brand through increased sales.
So what’s the secret? If you really want to know how to use product explainer videos to generate sales, you’ve got to follow a few tried and true production techniques including focusing heavily on your call-to-action and being sure to target your video to your audience.
How to Use Product Explainer Videos to Generate Sales
Producing product explainer videos to generate sales is something that you can’t just dive into and expect success. The visitors that come to your website are looking for a very specific experience that they connect directly to your brand. Your product explainer videos must tie in this same brand experience in order to appease your target audience. This means not only keeping your video content short and very specific, but also focusing on the following elements for success:
- Include a strong call-to-action that is going to compel your customers to convert.
- Make your video an elevator pitch that delivers a short, catchy overview of your product and why it’s ideal for your customer.
- Use video to simulate the auditory and visual senses of your target customer. Doing so will boost audience understanding by 74% while maximizing the results of your marketing efforts.
- Post product explainer videos to your landing pages to increase sales by 80% or more!
- Use product explainer videos in emails to increase open rate by 16% or more and to drive replies up 26% or more.
- Include videos in your sales proposals to increase closing rate by 41%.
- Post product explainer videos on YouTube to increase purchases by up to 70%.
- Include videos on your social media profiles to boost sales substantially.
No matter what industry you’re in, what products you sell, and where or how you market your brand, video is key! Figuring out how to use product explainer videos to generate higher product sales for your brand is something that doesn’t necessarily have to take away a lot of your time, it’s what all savvy business owners are doing. All you really have to do is focus on your call to action, your customer targeting, and on using your brand’s voice in order to directly connect with consumers that are already considering your products or have your brand under their radar.
Want to learn more about how to use product explainer videos? Give Beverly Boy Productions a call today! With more than two decades of experience, we can’t wait to help you grow your sales revenue!